As your Geography teacher my aim is to provide valuable set of resources to aid your revision. By the creation of this blog you should now have actively created a revision timetable and should be completing 2 hours+ of Geography revision a week. Try to do the following:
- Spend 15 minutes creating the perfect case study (using my case study revision guide or a website like Ace Geography). Revisit this case study over the course of the week.
- Revise key terms, core knowledge of a topic and geographical diagrams for 45 minutes-1 hour (use my revision guide, GCSE bitesize and Sam Learning), If spare time watch videos covering content i.e. the water cycle on YouTube or GCSE bitesize.
- Finally practice exam questions that relate to the topic you have studied (needs to be under timed conditions at this stage) of varying different marks:
- 1/2 mark questions for key terms and basic knowledge;
- 3/4 mark graph analysis, location or distribution questions or explain questions;
- 6 mark extended writing questions in which you can add in specialist case study knowledge;
- 8 mark case study questions (remember to check your SPaG).
Mr Davis' Top 5 revision techniques:
1) Geography Apps- test your core knowledge. Click here
2) Post-it notes (multi-purpose- use for spelling/definitions, diagrams, breaking down case studies). Stick these round your room and put together when you walk in the room.
3) Concept mapping- take a topic and join up concepts/themes, key words and case studies. You can also add in exam questions!
4) Revision guides- these are written by the academics who write your examinations. Cheapest place to buy- Click here
5) Change or mix up your revision by the following:
1) Interactive PowerPoints on Themes 1-3;
2) Case Studies for Theme 1-3;
3) Mr Davis' PowerPoints for the whole of the WJEC specification B course;
4) Book resources (including revision guides);
5) Select GeoFiles for additional reading or case study development;
6) Past exam papers with mark schemes;
7) WJEC Revision sheets;
8) Year 11 Revision booster PowerPoints and Resources.
If there is anything else that you need please leave me a comment. You are all incredible Geography students and with:
You will met with....